IR-909 - the TR909 for your iPhone

For iOS (iPhone, iPad & iPod), Android, Windows Phone, etc. App and Hardware talk
RELATED
PRODUCTS

dirty oscillators wrote:
buscemi wrote:
S.HUSH wrote:Oh thank god!!! It's about time SOMEONE came out with a 909 emulator!
You're pretty busy pissing on folks today, it is for the iPhone, seemed interesting to some - you don't need to be a jackass about it.
yeah, calling someone a jackass is fine etiquette. no trolling there...
Get over it, I call it like I see it - if you don't like it stop fanning the flames. I posted this thread as information for certain people and I'm getting back to it being that. I know it is the KVR Way to be consistently snarky (see all the "if you do x are you x" posts of late) but it seemed pretty ridiculous here.

buscemi wrote:
Armored78 wrote:i want an application for my phone that will emulate two people bitching at each other while simultaneously missing one another's points.

oh wait, my phone can do that now...i just need to call my ex.

ZING!

:lol:
LOL point taken :)
honestly, i have absolutely nothing against either of you. it was just a silly attempt to relieve the tension. frankly, even though the iphone isn't for me either i think these type of quick audio apps for portable devices are a step in the right direction.

Armored78 wrote:
buscemi wrote:
Armored78 wrote:i want an application for my phone that will emulate two people bitching at each other while simultaneously missing one another's points.

ZING!

LOL point taken :)
honestly, i have absolutely nothing against either of you. it was just a silly attempt to relieve the tension. frankly, even though the iphone isn't for me either i think these type of quick audio apps for portable devices are a step in the right direction.
I'll try to go against my previous posts and on-topic... I do think they are a step in the right direction too, more of a "test" than something 100% usable out of the box more likely IMO. I see a lot of people interested in control surfaces on their portable devices too, but for me that seems like an exercise in frustration. And with devices getting smaller and smaller, I find the control surface on a mobile device usability being a huge challenge. I wouldn't be surprised if there's an "iGarageband" at some point though. Now THAT would be a challenge use, if you ask me.

the whole point of what i said was directed at Muzik4Machines but the OP had to take it personally and throw a defensive jab at me. he started the pissing match as far as i'm concerned.

yes it's cool they have this software and if i happened to have an iPhone this would be a fun thing to play around with for 30 minutes and thank you to the OP for posting the link to it. it's great.
Eins zwei drei vier funf sechs sieben acht

buscemi wrote:
dirty oscillators wrote:
buscemi wrote:
S.HUSH wrote:Oh thank god!!! It's about time SOMEONE came out with a 909 emulator!
You're pretty busy pissing on folks today, it is for the iPhone, seemed interesting to some - you don't need to be a jackass about it.
yeah, calling someone a jackass is fine etiquette. no trolling there...
Get over it, I call it like I see it...
you're a jumpy guy aren't you?
Eins zwei drei vier funf sechs sieben acht

Maybe - but I totally get how S.HUSH's sarcasm was annoying Buscemi.

So 909 is going iphone ... I'd like to try it but I ain't getting an iphone just for that. :D

Good to see how music making is becoming more casual/mobile.

Marco :)

ZING!

This is priceless :lol:

The iPhone is pretty cool, if not for everyone. i bought one, jailbroke it, unlocked it, etc... i HAD to unlock it, btw, so i could use it with... AT&T, my current carrier. The politics there, jeeze :roll:

i bought mine on credit card, and my credit sucks today, if that's a key to the mode of thinking i was in when i laid down the $$$ (meaning, irrational, but that's PTSD, depression, etc., for ya :( ).

All that being said, i've balanced out the pros and cons and i've found that it makes a decent phone with some great features my previous phone lacked (and that one wasn't the best or the worst) and a better "mini, web-enabled multi-purpose computer" than any other i've used so far (including PocketPC, Windows Mobile and PalmOS-based devices).

It lacks in basic "cell phone" features like SMS and MMS because... well, SMS requires a special iPhone data plan and i don't have that (it's not "compatible" with my dad's AT&T account because he has a federal government discount on the account - lame). There is no MMS at all on iPhone, -BUT!- iPhone kicks ass for quick snapshots and emailing them, sharing snapshots via flickr-and-similar, browsing the web from your palm... (since i own an expensive PalmOS device that does NOT browse the web with any amount of reasonable speed or basic web functionality, that's a funny pun to me)...

The iPhone really is a very complete palm-of-your-hand computer (granted, with an app out there called "iSquint," you do have to be honest about the size of the device being a mixture of compromises between different "comforts" and "conveniences").

i have to admit, as a technology-hound-at-heart, i just find the whole thing to be really... smart!

As for this TR-909 thing... (i'm still laughing with the person who joked about someone FINALLY making a TR-909 emulator :lol:), one of the things that pushed me over the "i can't wait" bump was all the clever 3rd party apps for it that make use of its unique handheld features... such as all the music apps. They are not all fully developed, but there is some very smart and clever stuff already and the official SDK just came out early this year. So, i'm eager to see what comes out with the official SDK... MooCowMusic is a primary example of "smart" and "clever" music apps. Are these for serious musicians? Depends... some people are "serious about music" and some musicians are "serious about having fun" ... i think those two groups LOOK the same on the outside but are not at all alike. People "serious about music" are less likely to be interested, but musicians who are "serious about fun" are! :smile:

As for the "trolling" and back-and-forth... meh... whatever... i never do that... :oops: ... :hihi:
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

I think it has run its course, no? Jumpy or whatever, I was just annoyed at the sarcasm and general crap that happens whenever an Mac or iPhone-related thread comes up. Yes, I took it out a bit much on you, sorry for that but I do see your point and hope you see at least part of mine. That's what going through all that B.S. is about, right :)

Plus, Jace said he never does anything like that and I'm going to try to use that line later on so expect me to be ignorant of these goings-on in a short time. Either way, I'm moving on, I'll buy you a virtual beer or something (though I think a "Captain" Morgan might be more appropriate under the circumstances).

i was pretty much joking with the 1st WANT!!!post, but still, for a mini live rig with a mini kp and a kaossilator, that would be jsut perfect (with a belkin rockstar as my makeshift mixer)
don't flame me because I like touch devices and any music app that can run on them :)

Muzik 4 Machines wrote:i was pretty much joking with the 1st WANT!!!post, but still, for a mini live rig with a mini kp and a kaossilator, that would be jsut perfect (with a belkin rockstar as my makeshift mixer)
don't flame me because I like touch devices and any music app that can run on them :)
You're a bit too "touchy" there, young man. Don't know about you. :)

i'm a sucker for touch interfaces, be it just xy or multitouch/screen or just pad
i also like the "no touch" ones (d beam, theremins)

Return to “Mobile Apps and Hardware”