Do you love your main guitar?

A forum for discussion of all things guitar!

Do you love your guitar

Yes, I love my main guitar
60%
I like it
24%
It's good enough
4%
It's only there to get me to my next guitar
No votes
It sucks
No votes
Fish
12%

Total votes: 25

RELATED
PRODUCTS

I've been spending a lot of time with my Fender Modern Player Telecaster (modified) recently. It's the best fender neck I've ever played. The modifications that have been made (Lace Gold for neck and Middle, P-Rail for bridge) really made the difference. The previous pups sucked.

I don't love it but I'm liking it more the more I play it.
Dell Vostro i9 64GB Ram Windows 11 Pro, Cubase, Bitwig, Mixcraft Guitar Pod Go, Linntrument Nektar P1, Novation Launchpad

Had to vote fish.
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
-Martin Luther King Jr.

I do, a lot. My only issue with it is the wammy bar is a bit awkwardly angled. I like the more traditional Fender style, but it's a Steinberger TransTrem, so it's got to be that one.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

The poll would be more interesting if "guitar" was replaced with "spouse."
THIS MUSIC HAS BEEN MIXED TO BE PLAYED LOUD SO TURN IT UP

jamcat wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 2:41 am The poll would be more interesting if "guitar" was replaced with "spouse."
Meh, I'd vote the same: like it enough to not trade it in.
We are the KVR collective. Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated. Image
My MusicCalc is served over https!!

Mine are like children. Can't choose a favourite. There isn't 'The One.' Right now, I'm playing my Tele for electric, and my Eastman E1-D for acoustic.
I disliked the Tele when I got it. Now I love it on the neck pup.
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
-Martin Luther King Jr.

With me it's the law of diminishing returns. I may have really enjoyed Hot Dogs and Mac Cheese when I was a kid but you'll never get me near a hot dog today.

Nonetheless I'm trying to focus my energies on two. A solid body and a jazz box. Which box is up in the air right now. If I had a decent solid body with a fender type whammy I'd go for that.
I like the Modern Player Tele with my mods but I don't love it.
Last edited by tapper mike on Fri Feb 16, 2024 4:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dell Vostro i9 64GB Ram Windows 11 Pro, Cubase, Bitwig, Mixcraft Guitar Pod Go, Linntrument Nektar P1, Novation Launchpad

I don't really mind or think about it. I just use whatever Jehovah delivers.
The only site for experimental amp sim freeware & MIDI FX: http://runbeerrun.blogspot.com
https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCprNcvVH6aPTehLv8J5xokA -Youtube jams

love? no, it's just sex.

………..:
-Martin Luther King Jr.

Bombadil wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 2:13 am Had to vote fish.
Same here... because what's my "main guitar" changes every few month...
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

tapper mike wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 3:13 pm I may have really enjoyed Hot Dogs and Mac Cheese when I was a kid but you'll never get me near a hot dog today.
Well aren't you fancy!
THIS MUSIC HAS BEEN MIXED TO BE PLAYED LOUD SO TURN IT UP

I love to play guitar. But my guitars don’t love me so I have a love/hate relation with them. When the hate is stronger against one of them I sell it. Buying another and hope it will be the one who will make me a better guitarist.

I love it. I also love my wife and Hebrew Nationals. Mac and cheese, not so much.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Daimonicon wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 6:31 am I love to play guitar. But my guitars don’t love me so I have a love/hate relation with them. When the hate is stronger against one of them I sell it. Buying another and hope it will be the one who will make me a better guitarist.
I go through a lot of that too. I'll be enamored by a demo and start drooling. Most recently with PRS SE's.

I've been trying to ween myself from that mentality. It's expensive. Mostly I try to switch things up in my playing way too much. Jack of all trades master of none. The problem is whenever I get really good in a given direction I get bored. Then I start in a new direction and get frustrated till I start working things through by constant practice. I miss having a band. When you have a band you really need to focus on where you are not where you want to go.

Pod Go has also had that same effect on me. Yes I know it's not as good as other mfx but it gets me in the door. I want to stop chasing tone. Pick out about eight patches and live with those. Constantly preset surfing is yet another distraction which prevents me from playing as well as I should.

Return to “Guitars”