Feature suggestion: Loom "sidechain input" module

Official support for: www.airmusictech.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I was enjoying the Loom II preset called "Emotion Matters" in the factory bank (in the "waves" category). It sounds better than any vocoder/synth combo I've been able to come up with. I can load my own audio file into the wave module to get the same effect, but it would be great if you could feed it a live input from an audio track via sidechain and use it like a vocoder.

(unless it's already possible to do this and I've just missed it)

edit: added name of plugin
Last edited by zachy9 on Fri Apr 22, 2022 3:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

zachy9 wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 7:28 am I was enjoying the preset called "Emotion Matters" in the factory bank (in the "waves" category).
About what plugin are you talking about??? There are a lot out there including new ones...

Ah, found it - you are talking a bout Loom.
I doubt its a real time effect. The sentence is analysed to create the additive representation of it. Loom does a reduction into a bunch of sine waves with an envelope - Loom is an additive synthesizer in the end...
But if you feed a plain saw or better a pulse train into a real vocoder it could sound similar... A saw has less higher partials, a pulse train has all partials with the same level (in theory). To get a pulse, take a square and set the pulse width as small as possible... (happy aliasing...; - )

Yeah I figured this was not possible with the existing instrument but maybe for Loom III (!)

I've so far failed with a traditional vocoder to get this exact sound but I'll keep at it.

Return to “AIR Music Technology”