RELATED
PRODUCTS

I have a problem:

I mark off 4 bars with the vertical red punch lines
I record a midi kick drum and snare, hit stop
I record a hi-hat on a second pass, hit stop
click once on midi clip, copy
paste it, and I only get the hi-hat.

I can't figure out how to get to the clip underneath without moving what's on top. And I can't figure out how to copy them both.

The only workaround I can figure out is to click on "select clips", then "select all clips in the same track", hold down CTRL and unselect every other f'in clip in the track except for the two layered midi clips.

It sure would be nice to have a "copy all clips in track in marked region" option.

Maybe there's a shortcut for this that I don't know about?

Maybe try "merge midi clips" I usually put the H.H. in another clip and Ctrl click them both to copy and paste.
Robert T

Isn't there a "bring obscured clip to front" when you right click on the clip?

Martin
"Life is both a major and a minor key"
-- Travis, Side

I'm still wondering about the original post talking about the midi on the new clip.

Everytime I try to do an overdub onto a new clip I get an empty clip and the newly recorded midi is on the original clip underneath.

I thought that was a known bug.
How are you getting the 2nd pass to record onto a new clip on top of the 1st clip?

I'm having to do my overdubs onto new tracks. A new track for every overdub.

"merge midi clips"... ...and just exactly where is that located? Can't find it.

Found the "bring obscured clips to front" option, but that still doesn't make it so I can select all layers of midi clips at once, it just makes it so I can select the other of the two clips.

There doesn't seem to be a method, in one keystroke, to simply copy all layers of midi on one track between the two red punch lines.

I think this will do what you want it to...

You have clips between two in/out markets. Look on the lower control panel. In the upper right, there is a button that says "select clips". You will see a list of options, one of them being "Select all clips within marked region" ... and that's it. You can ctrl+drag your clips.. and it will copy everything as you wish. If I'm reading what you want properly. :wink:
ModuLR / Radio

Modular,

That doesn't work because it selects all clips within the marked region on all tracks. I just want it to select all clips within the marked region on one track.

I use alt-drag to select and merge my clips. It selects clips that are on top of each other (obscure) as well. Its fast.

AD80 wrote:I use alt-drag to select and merge my clips. It selects clips that are on top of each other (obscure) as well. Its fast.
Hmm, is that why copy/paste short keys (ctrl-c, ctrl-v) does not work for me most times? I allso alt-drag and merge a lot! :P(comand-drag on Mac, Mac is a Control freak in drag :wink: )

1.5.3, mac

AD80 wrote:I use alt-drag to select and merge my clips. It selects clips that are on top of each other (obscure) as well. Its fast.
Alt-drag doesn't work for me. It just drags whatever midi clip is on top. I'm using version 1.4.0.153 - was this something that was fixed in a later version?

Don't know if this will work but try this:

Select the track(click where you named it on the far left or it reads Track 1)

In the properties panel(bottom center) click "Select all clips in track" Now you will see "merge midi clips"

It would seem that once you selected all the clips on the track that you would be able to copy and paste. But I could be wrong since I've haven't tried it that way, but what the hell I think I will............ :)
Robert T

Lava wrote:
Alt-drag doesn't work for me. It just drags whatever midi clip is on top. I'm using version 1.4.0.153 - was this something that was fixed in a later version?
Alt-drag doesnt actually drag anything, it just selects all clips including the hiden ones, then I just merge them and carry on. I guess I'm not sure what you're trying to do :ud:

yeah, the guys aren't saying to ALT-DRAG the clip itself, but hold ALT **outside** the clip, and click on a blank bit, then DRAG a box around the clip, it should select all the clips inside the box.
Kick, punch, it's all in the mind.

haydxn wrote:yeah, the guys aren't saying to ALT-DRAG the clip itself, but hold ALT **outside** the clip, and click on a blank bit, then DRAG a box around the clip, it should select all the clips inside the box.
Okay, that was a key piece of info for me. Alt-drag indeed does exactly what I want. Thanks!

haydxn wrote:yeah, the guys aren't saying to ALT-DRAG the clip itself, but hold ALT **outside** the clip, and click on a blank bit, then DRAG a box around the clip, it should select all the clips inside the box.
Exactly. You actually dont even have to click outside the clip. If you alt-drag within a clip it will still select all the clips underneath too.

Return to “Tracktion”