A brief update regarding future development

Official support for: psychicmodulation.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I haven't been doing much in terms of Synthedit lately, nobody has. The future of this platform is so unclear. I don't want to, or plan to abandon it, but I'm not waiting around on it either. I've decided it's time to move into a different direction. So, I got into Iplug/WDL recently and have been learning how to code plugins. Not sure where this will lead, but I definitely have intentions on developing some Synthedit modules along the way. So this is just to say that Psychic Modulation is alive and well, just going through some changes.

But like I've mentioned in another post, Phonec v1x is still in development, and a small update is in the works.

Also, I made brief mention of a drum sample pack. That is still in the works too. Ultimately the idea for this is to accompany a drum-layering sampler based on the idea of Construct. So the drum samples are split into separate layers like 'click', 'boom', 'artifacts', etc. The sampler is a back burner project, but the sample pack should be seeing the light of day soon.

Sounds cool, good luck. But you knew I was going to say that! :x
The only site for experimental amp sim freeware & MIDI FX: http://runbeerrun.blogspot.com
https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCprNcvVH6aPTehLv8J5xokA -Youtube jams

Good Luck!

I thought 64bit SE is around the corner? Devs like gunnare did that with ME80. Do you plan any 64bit of your stuff? Phonec maybe?
║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█

valerian_777 wrote:Good Luck!

I thought 64bit SE is around the corner? Devs like gunnare did that with ME80.
From what I understand Gunnare hired Chris Kerry to code it.
Do you plan any 64bit of your stuff? Phonec maybe?
SE 1.2 is able to make 64-bit plugins, but at the moment it's still in alpha state and it's not quite stable enough to release anything. It's getting there, but progress is slow. However, I have been using this version of Synthedit to develop Phonec v2.0, which will eventually be released as a 64-bit plugin. It's near completion actually, but I have to wait for the stability issues to get resolved before I can release it. That and the lack of 64-bit modules is making it difficult for me to implement certain features. So coding some custom modules is on the agenda. It might take some time, or it might happen sooner than we think, but a 64-bit Phonec is will happen one way or another.

Return to “Psychic Modulation”