Reinstalling from scratch

Official support for: manytone.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I just bought a new Vista laptop and have got most of my plugs installed and sorted. But now ...

I have ManyStation, ManyGuitar and Acoustic/Upright basses. I also have Wusik (V1, V2, V3, and V4 - the latter engine-only).

Given what I have and that I may install Wusik4 engine without sound-sets, what order should I install in? I am assuming:

Manystation (will I need the plugin if I have W4?)
ManyGuitar (was crossgrade, I will install plugin too)
Acoustic/Upright basses

AFAIK I have all my downloads (and I have the hard drive from the old laptop). Any suggestions appreciated.

Doug
Logic is a pretty flower that smells bad - Spock, in "I, Mudd"

For a good time click http://www.belindabedekovic.com/video_fl_en.htm

Hi Doug

Install it in the order you mention.
Yes you will need to install the plugin installer as well as the data as the plug installer has the Presets in it. You can then delete the plugin if you want to.

Cheers
Paul

OK, Here's what I tried - and it worked. YMMV for others, but I play a computer techie in real life, and am not afraid of the command line or drag-and-drop. I also believe in backups.

I renamed th "Wusikstation Data" folder I copied from the old computer, which had all of my W3 and third-party presets including ManyStation, then installed W4 (engine only) into its own directory. I told it where to create the new "Wusikstation Data" directory.

(YMMV) I moved all of the soundsets, presets etc (including Manystation) that didn't already exist over to the new "Wusikstation Data" directory. I was able to open the ManyStation presets and play them just fine.

(YMMV) In spite of Paul's suggestion above, I did not install ManyStation because the presets and soundsets were already in the right place. I figured it was worth a chance.

I installed ManyGuitar VST (I have the MS crossgrade version) as normal. I don't remember if it found the "Wusikstation Data" directory on its own, or if I told it where to look. Either way, it was able to play just fine on everything I tried. I did not reinstall sound sets.

I copied the Ovation and Upright MG presets into the MG directory and tested them. I'm happy, because this was the last VST I had left to install. I'd also forgotten just how good MS and MG sounded, because I've been working with other sounds lately.

Doug
Logic is a pretty flower that smells bad - Spock, in "I, Mudd"

For a good time click http://www.belindabedekovic.com/video_fl_en.htm

Hi Doug
Thanks for the report.

Of course if you are copying sounds and presets from an old backup you had, then you will not need to run the installers. Best way to archive as you know ;-)

But users reinstalling from scratch without a Backed up folder structure, will need to use all the installers.

Glad it is all going for you and again thanks for the kind words....Enjoy!
Paul

Return to “Manytone Music”