Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

jens wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 12:10 pm
SLiC wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 10:48 am
jens wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 10:29 am
parma wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 10:25 am
aMUSEd wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 10:21 am Still no Poly aftertouch or MPE support?
Or VST midi routing. That was my big wish.
Or ARA or MIDI loop-recording... *ack*
No ARA but a it has audio pitch correction natively, still a few major DAWS missing even that. no MPE would be a big miss.
Well, first of all ARA isn't pitch-correction - it's a plugin-extension. There still seems to be a whole lot of misunderstanding about what ARA actually is (and isn't).

With that out of the way:

while Reason's pitch-editor is quite a good-tool in its own right it is

a) strictly monophonic

b) fully manual only
I know, but I suspect most people are using Melodyne under ARA for monophonic pitch correction (the free one bundeled with some DAWS) rather than the the other ARA plugs like Vocalign etc. If you are in to the more advanced editing you are doing that stuff in a different DAW (I have Melodyne Studio 5 which I use in Studio One, Studio one only has ARA unlike Cubase which has a native pitch correction)

My point was both Live and Bitwig have no ARA and not even basic monophonic pitch correction for vocals, lead guitar and bass (where I use it most) which for me is essential in DAW workflow. Although you can transfer to Studio (and sending it to melodyne as the external sampler in Live works OK) its not the same as having ARA...But IMO Live and Bitwig need it more than Reason, but Reason missed a track to move ahead of those DAWS in one area at least.
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

SLiC wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 12:20 pm My point was both Live and Bitwig have no ARA ...Although you can transfer to Studio (and sending it to melodyne as the external sampler in Live works OK) its not the same as having ARA...
Surely easier to just use as a VST plugin.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

whyterabbyt wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 12:26 pm
SLiC wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 12:20 pm My point was both Live and Bitwig have no ARA ...Although you can transfer to Studio (and sending it to melodyne as the external sampler in Live works OK) its not the same as having ARA...
Surely easier to just use as a VST plugin.
Most of the time if I am working with live audio I am in Studio One so it isn't an issue. But in Live I like to to use Melodyne as Ableton's default "Sample Editor" (set in preferences), no need to load the VST for each track, I can just click “Edit” in the bottom of any clip anytime with no set up (I actually use a hotkey) and the clip will open in Melodyne to edit. Then simply select 'Replace Audio' hotkey again and its closed.
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

SLiC wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 12:20 pm If you are in to the more advanced editing you are doing that stuff in a different DAW
A DAW that supports ARA you mean?

Yes, that was exactly my point, wasn't it? ;-)
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”