Nice new website......looks good

Official support for: reveal-sound.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Just wandered onto the website and realised it is a new one... looks good.

rsp

There is something rather anonymous about that site and company. No names, no address, nothing. (In case it is a European company (which is possible judging from the faulty English, they really should proof their manual), that would even be illegal.)
I like U-he, Tone2, Tal etc. in that respect, I know who I am dealing with, no secrecy or anonymity...

fluffy_little_something wrote:There is something rather anonymous about that site and company. No names, no address, nothing. (In case it is a European company (which is possible judging from the faulty English, they really should proof their manual), that would even be illegal.)
I like U-he, Tone2, Tal etc. in that respect, I know who I am dealing with, no secrecy or anonymity...
my feelings are similar, but at least they let you pay with paypal. The product sounds good so they obviously are making a decent product and putting care into it. I don't think it's a get rich quick scheme where they will abandon it like some developers..
Last edited by V0RT3X on Thu Apr 03, 2014 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
:borg:

but why does that even matter?
Clearly if it matters that much to you, you can simply boycott, but why does it matter?
rsp
sound sculptist

zvenx wrote:but why does that even matter?
Clearly if it matters that much to you, you can simply boycott, but why does it matter?
rsp
Well, I am old-fashioned, even with online shopping I want to know who I am dealing with. I want to know where my money goes, etc.
Not to mention legal aspects, which is why in many countries anyone selling something on their site has to state their full name, street address, etc. on their site.

:borg:

Even if they abandon Spire at v1.0.12, I would still be a happy and satisfied customer. I can do everything I want with v1.0.12.
Of course, I expect v1.1 this summer, and I expect Spire multi-core...
But as I said, even now, I can use the incredible Spire pads on i7 CPU without big issues. I used 15 instances of Spire in a project and it all ran smoothly.

I have never heard a VST synth so close to best hardware and even better than 50-60% of hardware. It's more than a Virus for 69EUR at discount.
There is computer music production before Spire, and after Spire!

So why don't you stop using Spire in your productions, in protest of Crimea annexation? :)

fluffy_little_something wrote:
rsp
Well, I am old-fashioned, even with online shopping I want to know who I am dealing with. I want to know where my money goes, etc.
Not to mention legal aspects, which is why in many countries anyone selling something on their site has to state their full name, street address, etc. on their site.
And if they made up a name with a fake address and you didn't know it, would you somehow feel better?

The point with that is the internet is so anonymous, you would have no idea whether the info is true or not.

rsp
sound sculptist

frag wrote:Even if they abandon Spire at v1.0.12, I would still be a happy and satisfied customer. I can do everything I want with v1.0.12.
Of course, I expect v1.1 this summer, and I expect Spire multi-core...
But as I said, even now, I can use the incredible Spire pads on i7 CPU without big issues. I used 15 instances of Spire in a project and it all ran smoothly.

I have never heard a VST synth so close to best hardware and even better than 50-60% of hardware. It's more than a Virus for 69EUR at discount.
There is computer music production before Spire, and after Spire!

So why don't you stop using Spire in your productions, in protest of Crimea annexation? :)
Oh, is it a Russian company? If so, no problem, I am against sanctions and such childish behavior. Actually, I am on Russia's side on the Crimea issue.

Still, I don't like and accept anonymity in business...

zvenx wrote:
fluffy_little_something wrote:
rsp
And if they made up a name with a fake address and you didn't know it, would you somehow feel better?

The point with that is the internet is so anonymous, you would have no idea whether the info is true or not.

rsp
One gets a feeling for who is real and who is not. One can Google people like Urs Heckmann and read about who they are, about their history etc.

When it comes to commercial stuff, no serious business tries to stay anonymous. Anonymity in business implies there is something to be hidden...

Return to “Reveal Sound”