some sampling questions

Official support for: manytone.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I have to say, Manystation looks very promising and seems to fit my current needs i.e. good natural instruments samples, and as a fellow Canadian I like to encourage local economy too.

So for my question: what does the number of samples tells exactly? Like GtrStringNoiseAc says 10 multisamples, does this means that there were 10 notes recorded and the result is spread throughout the keyboard? Wouldn't that sound a bit "zoned"? The reason I'm asking is that I really need clean sounding real instruments (no, no complex articulation needed, just clean sound throughout the range of the real instrument), and I don't know if I should buy a full on sampler and samples, or if this soundset would do the trick.
Quote of the day: "If you can't answer a man's arguments, all is not lost; you can still call him vile names."--Elbert Hubbard 1856-1915

Ezy Ryder wrote:I have to say, Manystation looks very promising and seems to fit my current needs i.e. good natural instruments samples, and as a fellow Canadian I like to encourage local economy too.

So for my question: what does the number of samples tells exactly? Like GtrStringNoiseAc says 10 multisamples, does this means that there were 10 notes recorded and the result is spread throughout the keyboard? Wouldn't that sound a bit "zoned"? The reason I'm asking is that I really need clean sounding real instruments (no, no complex articulation needed, just clean sound throughout the range of the real instrument), and I don't know if I should buy a full on sampler and samples, or if this soundset would do the trick.

Hi
The real stuff like our guitars and Basses are just that ...
Nice samples of the guitar on every note or every major note. This gives for good representation through the range. Most of our sets are Huge in size compared to any other all round product like this.

The set you mention is 10 samples that are usually (using the ManyStation interface) mapped to the left of the Low E note on a guitar only ... They are string noise to add realism. That could have been done with 1 sample ...but we have given 10 so you can choose different noises :-)
You will notice that the real Guitars and Bass sets have a lot of samples ... This is what is needed for real instruments ... Synth sounds can get away with less samples in the set. But even then we have a few big Synth / keys sets there too.
ManyStation is a Bit of Everything. It shows what you can do with Big sets .. But it also allows just single Samples to be used and even some of those sound and work incredible in the Station.
Just because there is only 10 samples does not mean it will sound zoned (some sounds will but we avoid that except in FX etc)

I really shouldn't need to say it again but i will... as you mention Sample CDs.
There are single CD Sample collections out there for more than the cost of our Entire Product. I myself have baught single CDs for over $200.00 that come nowhere near the Quality or Attention to detail of the Manytone Material. (The last one i baught for $200.00 was one of the most reputable guitar cds around and had Guitars and Basses with only a few samples in each set ...although it had lots of sets because each set only had a few samples, the Quality was nothing like what we have here ... This $200.00 CD had cut short samples that were edited terribly, also Out of tune samples and was 16 bit)
ManyStation Samples are top Quality. The majority are 24 bit stuff and it is over 2 cds of Material and it comes with the ManyStation VSTi. There are no cut short bad samples here.
All for $79.99 till Sunday. $69.99 for Wusik Crossgrades.
Regular only $99.99

I am nearly giving this away, price wise, when compared to some other sound products / Samplers / Sample CDs on the market. Just have a look around ... then perhaps you'll see how much this really is a Great Deal.
No...
Incredible Deal!!

Paul
Last edited by manytone on Thu Feb 24, 2005 8:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thank's for the reply Paul. Sorry to make you go through the trouble of explaining but, since we can't demo soundsets (or most sample sets) for obvious reason, it's about the only way to get a clear sense of what we are buying into to see if it really fits our needs. And that's the real clincher, if it doesn't fulfill our own expectation and needs, any money is too much money, while the opposite is true also. At some point I'll have to take the plunge so you'll probaly get a new customer soon.
Quote of the day: "If you can't answer a man's arguments, all is not lost; you can still call him vile names."--Elbert Hubbard 1856-1915

have you checked uot some of the demos?
im sure you have but the new one paul put up tonight makes use of some of the guitar stuff,i know this will only give a small view of whats accessible within,but beleive me the guitars are beautiful.
to the point even i will be using them and i dont normally fall for guitar sounds :-o

im goin to bed now but when i have time tomorrow ill try and knock up a quick mp3 using the guitar sounds,altho you will have to excuse my playing :oops:

Return to “Manytone Music”