overstayer mas alternative?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

looking for something like this, something that has a very nice unique saturation vibe some unique character, based on hardware maybe? what I would like is a plugin that is really flexible with those extended options. I have so many basic saturation options that simply adds gain or have very little control over the overall sound. I particularly like the idea of multiband saturation options here and how to treat different areas of the frequency spectrum on individual sounds differently when processing one element. I think that would be really useful for me.
auto gain/compensation would be nice too.

I would go for this plugin itself but after reading around it seems it never really gets much of a discount? I have had it in my wishlist for a long time and unless I missed a great sale on it? i've rarely seen it go for the same prices i'd see for other high quality saturators like £30-50 price for a "£200+" plugin... its going for 80 odd quid right now on pb. that's about the best price i've seen it for...

Audio Assault has multiband saturator
Izotope has multiband with tons of different flavors per band
Waves Vitamin is one of the best imo, although it's not saturation, but with fast and great results, I often prefer over a saturation plugin

Saturn 2 fits the description.
Destructor 2 might.

Neither emulate a specific hardware unit.

Kiive Distinct! and Distinct Pro! Are supposed to be Overstayerish.

"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

Black Box Analog Design - HG 2MS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H_sNFLnZmsc
Last edited by Gam456 on Thu May 02, 2024 4:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

+1
pretty much stopped using overstayer after getting this.

It's so flexible and good sounding it replaced a lot of my saturators in one go

Shaping is very similar to Overstayer emphasis and i personally prefer that over multiband so much i almost never use multiband over emphasis (although i still use saturn a lot, but more creatively)

WavesFactory spectre with "de-emphasis" enabled also works similarly.

DCrown wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 2:10 pm Audio Assault has multiband saturator
Waves Vitamin is one of the best imo, although it's not saturation, but with fast and great results, I often prefer over a saturation plugin
Wait, vitamin isn’t saturation?

motomotomoto wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 3:57 am
DCrown wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 2:10 pm Audio Assault has multiband saturator
Wait, vitamin isn’t saturation?
Is it? Well, with Waves it's sometimes a secret what a plugin is doing exactly like with RBass, but for me it's all about the result
that can be heard by using my ears

Rbass isnt a secret, it’s split band saturation + eq if i recall correctly

Ploki wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 8:18 am Rbass isnt a secret, it’s split band saturation + eq if i recall correctly
Well, ok, strange that no other dev has managed to release something that is close to RBass, there are some wannabe RBass plugins, but they don't do what RBass does

Release what, EQ with saturation? There’s a few tho

This could surprise you, but have you tried Waves Berzerk?

https://www.attackmagazine.com/wp-conte ... erzerk.jpg

Also, Looptrotter http://looptrotter.com/software/ ($60 at PA atm).

thanks for the suggestions, saturn does look really interesting and flexible. i'm guessing that one rarely gets a large discount either though?....
soundmodel wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 6:15 am This could surprise you, but have you tried Waves Berzerk?

https://www.attackmagazine.com/wp-conte ... erzerk.jpg
haven't tried it, this I think was being given away free at one point? I missed out on the deal.

You literally just missed a 30% anniversary discount.
They do 25% off on occasions such as black friday and new years

Return to “Effects”