Cherry Audio synth coming out May 14 (ARP Rhodes Chroma?!)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Jupiter 8 also has the green and blue colours, so that would be my instant guess.
I am a philistine and I love commercial music <insert favourite consumer items here>

egbert101 wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 6:33 pm Jupiter 8 also has the green and blue colours, so that would be my instant guess.
Hmmm, let's see.

Jupiter 8: Red, Orange, Yellow, Green Blue, Indigo, White

ARP Rhodes Chroma: Orange, Green, Blue, White

And the video implies it'll be at least semi-modular.

Another one! Interested if anyone out there has the full set of Cherry synths and if so do they use them all.

It's fairly obviously the Rhodes Chroma - the text, the font and colours, and the identical four colours in the video title are all a perfect match.

And the synth is right in Cherry's wheelhouse, imo.

"I wish it had gotten its due" does sound a lot more like the Chroma than a Jupiter 8...

Those lined shapes connected in different ways kinda remind me of constellations. There is one called Andromeda.

Do I win? :wink:

Examigan wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 11:36 pm Do I win? :wink:
We'll see... ;)

(Hint: No.)

SHall1000 wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 7:11 pm Another one! Interested if anyone out there has the full set of Cherry synths and if so do they use them all.
I have nine of them, but that's nowhere near the full set. I'd like to eventually have the full set though. If I ever get to that point, I'd have to try creating a single piece of music that uses all of them, just for the fun challenge of it. :)
I'm involved with photography & audio. For more info, take a look at my site:
GlenVision.com

McLilith wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 2:26 am If I ever get to that point, I'd have to try creating a single piece of music that uses all of them, just for the fun challenge of it. :)
The Cherry Orchestra...

McLilith wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 2:26 am
SHall1000 wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 7:11 pm Another one! Interested if anyone out there has the full set of Cherry synths and if so do they use them all.
I have nine of them, but that's nowhere near the full set. I'd like to eventually have the full set though. If I ever get to that point, I'd have to try creating a single piece of music that uses all of them, just for the fun challenge of it. :)
I am a terrible “got to catch um all” completist, but Cherry have defeated me.

I have ALMOST all of them! Polymode doesn't get much use from me - I think because of the architecture and UI of the original synth rather than any problem with Cherry Audio's reproduction...
Besides Voltage Modular the Octave Cat gets the most use - the whole synth is a sweet spot!

Earlier, I said I had nine Cherry Audio synths, but that wasn't counting Voltage Modular. If you want to count that, I have ten. I didn't count it, because I think of it as more of a cool "synth construction kit" than a finished synth. :hihi:

Cherry currently has 23 synths available (not counting Voltage Modular), and when Chroma arrives, it will be the 24th synth.

{looks at his modest 9-synth Cherry Audio collection...}

It looks like I have some catching up to do! :)
I'm involved with photography & audio. For more info, take a look at my site:
GlenVision.com

It actually sounds really really good to my ears (unless I'm missing something?) but not in an analog way, more like a really good digital synth with great integrated effects. In fact, it's those beautiful effects that stand out that seem to work so well with the synth engine.
I am a philistine and I love commercial music <insert favourite consumer items here>

Return to “Instruments”