Softube Bus Processor (wtf?)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

As already pointed out it's more than a compressor, hence the "Processor" in the name. Comparisons to compressors isn't a good comparison. Comparing the compressor section, fair enough. Softube do make quality stuff. That said i think it's the extras that would make a difference between this and any other SSL based unit. Saturation with a pre emphasis filter, spatial control, and a bass monoing section. If you have the need or desire for these extras it could be a good investment.
gadgets an gizmos..make noise https://soundcloud.com/crystalawareness Restocked: 3/24
old stuff http://ww.dancingbearaudioresearch.com/
if this post is edited -it was for punctuation, grammar, or to make it coherent (or make me seem coherent).

cdbaksu wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:38 pm The SSL Bus Compressor 2 that's still on sale until tomorrow I believe is a much better alternative.
Could you please explain why? I actually have Bus Comp 2, but thought Bus Processor was overall better (or so I heard; my bus processor trial ran out before I got Bus Comp 2, the price difference was very important for me).
https://wayford.gumroad.com/

Amethyst for ANA 2, WPC for Logic Pro coming soon.

wayford wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 5:27 pm
cdbaksu wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:38 pm The SSL Bus Compressor 2 that's still on sale until tomorrow I believe is a much better alternative.
Could you please explain why? I actually have Bus Comp 2, but thought Bus Processor was overall better (or so I heard; my bus processor trial ran out before I got Bus Comp 2, the price difference was very important for me).
Of all the SSL emulations I've tried (Waves, bx, the glue, UAD, and this Softube) I found the SSL Bus Compressor 2 to offer me the smoothest sound. It's that something special that only the "real" SSL can do. Every other, while still sounding relatively great, just didn't have that sound I was looking for: an SSL Bus Compression sound. The plugin is arguably indistinguishable from the hardware unit. Get the best funk the rest! :D
Check out my OSC (One Synth Challenge) entries and more Logic Pro sequences on SoundCloud and YouTube.

So I finally bought SSL Bus compressor 2 from Plugin Boutique. For that I didn't need to install the SSL plugin manager with which I had a problem. I never had a hardware, so cannot compare. But I do have IK-Multimedia and Analog Obsession ones.

All of them do a great job, honestly. If the SSL didn't have a discount right now, I wouldn't even bother. But there is a difference (well, It can't be -different developers). The SSL one is slightly brighter and snappier, which is probably expected with the elevated hights. The bottom end with the same setting is more noticeable. Also, with the same volume, the perceived volume of the SSL is higher without getting flatter. To be short, the SSL comp kinda gives that polished quality that many ppl probably talking about?
And the noticeable thing, the Auto-release in SSL works seriously better.

Igro wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 12:18 pm To be short, the SSL comp kinda gives that polished quality that many ppl probably talking about?
And the noticeable thing, the Auto-release in SSL works seriously better.
So what you are saying is, the SSL Bus Compressor is an SSL Bus Compressor??

I have both and use both.. Sometimes the Softube and its combo of toys sounds better, sometimes the SSL paired up with Fusion Vintage Drive and/or Transformer wins.

Return to “Effects”