[FREE] ConvertWithMoss - convert from/to WAV,Bitwig,SFZ,SF2,DecentSampler,MPC/Force,Wave-/Modwave/KMP,NKI,EXS) v9.0.1

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

moss wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 7:41 pm
patternmusic wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 5:08 pm ConvertWithMoss (v8.5.1) seems to not fail in converting all Decent Sampler libraries and presets to 1010 format. But here's an example of one that gets mangled and fails to convert the source library.
https://www.decentsamples.com/product/s ... us-theory/
Ah, I see. It always uses the name of the library file.
Will be fixed in the next update!
Thanks looking into it. I look forward to the update!

sebulba wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 4:38 pm
What is your OS (and of your friend)?
Me:
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit - Version: 22H2

Friend:
Windows 10 Home 64-bit - Version 22H2
Argh, I stand corrected. This is a bug I already fixed in my development version. The error is misleading and is triggered by a wrong handling of the WAV file.
Will be fixed in the next update (should be released in the next days).

Will be fixed in the next update (should be released in the next days)
thanks moss, you rule

ConvertWithMoss 9.0.0 is online!

Get it from https://mossgrabers.de
  • New: Added support for Ableton ADV (read/write) and ADG (only read) files.
  • New: Added support for creating multi-samples from AIFF files and the contained metadata.
  • New: Envelope improvements
    • SFZ: Added attack, decay and release slope attributes to amplitude, filter and pitch envelopes.
  • DecentSampler - Read
    • New: Read/write amplitude attackCurve, decayCurve and releaseCurve attributes.
    • Fixed: When processing a dslibrary file the name of the library file was always used as the destination preset name instead of the dspreset name. Therefore, only one preset from the library was created.
  • Kontakt 1-2 - Read/Write
    • New: Added attack curve to amplitude, filter and pitch envelopes.
  • MPC Keygroups - Read/Write
    • New: Added attack, decay and release slope attributes to amplitude, filter and pitch envelopes.
  • TX16Wx Read/Write
    • New: Added attack, decay and release slope attributes to amplitude, filter and pitch envelopes. Added all envelope levels.
  • WAV - Read
    • New: If the name ends with a dash it is removed.
    • Fixed: Samples could have doubled file endings (.wav.wav).
    • Fixed: If Instrument chunks were present in the files, the conversion did not work (there was an error shown that the MIDI note could not be detected which was misleading as well).
Enjoy!

P.S.: Tutorial video for the new formats will come soon. Until then, check the manual.

Moss you are single-handedly changing the sampler compatibility landscape. :tu:

Seriously!! This is an essential tool for anyone interested in converting between open formats with samplers. Thank you Moss!! :)
C/R, dongles & other intrusive copy protection equals less-control & more-hassle for consumers. Company gone-can’t authorize. Limit to # of auths. Instability-ie PACE. Forced internet auths. THE HONEST ARE HASSLED, NOT THE PIRATES.

ConvertWithMoss 9.0.1 is online!

Seems some last minute bugs crept in!
  • Ableton - Read/Write
    • Fixed: The template contained and error and resulting ADV files could not be loaded in Ableton.
    • Fixed: Names from ADG files were not unique.
And here is the video:

https://youtu.be/_0PXfLKRMts

Enjoy!

patternmusic wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 12:37 am
patternmusic wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 5:08 pm ConvertWithMoss (v8.5.1) seems to not fail in converting all Decent Sampler libraries and presets to 1010 format. But here's an example of one that gets mangled and fails to convert the source library.
I tried 9.0.1, and it no longer fails on splitting up the dslibrary files with multiple dspresets. But I am still having the problems with filenames. The resulting PRESET.XML and constituent folder do not work on the 1010 tangerine. ConvertWithMoss creates sample files with filenames like "Fingerstyle\rr1\Fingerstyle 40 rr1.wav" where the backslashes are literally in the filename.

If I manually edit the sample filenames and PRESET.XML file to remove these "\" characters the resulting sample folder works on the 1010 tangerine.

My guess is this may be related to the MacOS file system not treating "\" as a file path separator. And I don't know what the 1010 tangerine expects, but it doesn't seem to like files with "\" literally in the filename.

patternmusic wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 1:36 am
patternmusic wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 12:37 am
I tried 9.0.1, and it no longer fails on splitting up the dslibrary files with multiple dspresets. But I am still having the problems with filenames. The resulting PRESET.XML and constituent folder do not work on the 1010 tangerine. ConvertWithMoss creates sample files with filenames like "Fingerstyle\rr1\Fingerstyle 40 rr1.wav" where the backslashes are literally in the filename.

If I manually edit the sample filenames and PRESET.XML file to remove these "\" characters the resulting sample folder works on the 1010 tangerine.

My guess is this may be related to the MacOS file system not treating "\" as a file path separator. And I don't know what the 1010 tangerine expects, but it doesn't seem to like files with "\" literally in the filename.
Oh, I see. The issue is not with the backward slashes which are correct. The issue is that the sub-folders which contain the dspreset/dslibrary was added to the name.

Edit: For the time being it is sufficient to remove the sub-folders at the beginning of the file (e.g. "\Preset\<sub-folders>\PRESET-NAME-FOLDER" -> "\Preset\PRESET-NAME-FOLDER")

Hello,
I am new to converting samples...

Situation:
I have a AKAI FORCE FW 3.3
I have old and new KONTAKT libraries.

What I was trying to do:
I would like to convert the NATIVE KONTAKT libraries to AKAI MPC Keygroup.
I downloaded ConvertWithMoss 9.0.1 and instelled to MAC M1 (14.1.2) and WIN 11.
I opened the folders to both the KONTAKT libraries.
-> one was encrypted -> I read it is not working for encrypted libraries, so as expected.
-> one was opening and scanning for .nki -> found it and then starts with:
Detecting and converting multi-samples...
Analyzing stuff and folders....
Detected Kontakt Container format (created with Kontakt 5.8.1.43) - Little-Endian...

Problem:
Then it remains on that screen and nothing further happens.
I can close the screen, but no conversion happend. Destination folder remains empty.

I read the manual, but I couldn't find a solution.

Can somebody help me or knows what I am doing wrong?
Do I need to set further folder (write) permissions somehow?!

Best regards

qwerter18 wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 9:45 am Hello,
I am new to converting samples...

Situation:
I have a AKAI FORCE FW 3.3
I have old and new KONTAKT libraries.

What I was trying to do:
I would like to convert the NATIVE KONTAKT libraries to AKAI MPC Keygroup.
I downloaded ConvertWithMoss 9.0.1 and instelled to MAC M1 (14.1.2) and WIN 11.
I opened the folders to both the KONTAKT libraries.
-> one was encrypted -> I read it is not working for encrypted libraries, so as expected.
-> one was opening and scanning for .nki -> found it and then starts with:
Detecting and converting multi-samples...
Analyzing stuff and folders....
Detected Kontakt Container format (created with Kontakt 5.8.1.43) - Little-Endian...

Problem:
Then it remains on that screen and nothing further happens.
I can close the screen, but no conversion happend. Destination folder remains empty.

I read the manual, but I couldn't find a solution.

Can somebody help me or knows what I am doing wrong?
Do I need to set further folder (write) permissions somehow?!

Best regards
Wait a bit and see if something happens. If the files are bigger it can take a while.
If this doesn't help, please send me an example file (PM me a download link).

Thank you for your quick reply!
I will check and wait.
How long would a bit be? 10 min? Or rather 1 hr?
What kind of file do you need?
The .nki file?
PS: I tried converting Akai to Ableton Sampler, this works like a charm.
Thank you for helping!

qwerter18 wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 1:04 pm Thank you for your quick reply!
I will check and wait.
How long would a bit be? 10 min? Or rather 1 hr?
What kind of file do you need?
The .nki file?
PS: I tried converting Akai to Ableton Sampler, this works like a charm.
Thank you for helping!
No, max. 1 minute. The file with the samples but it seems that the file is a monolith which contains already the samples.

Ok. I waited, but there is definitly nothing happening... BUT:
I tried a couple of other .nki files. And those work fine. (Seems like bad luck, that the first 2 I tried didn't work)

But with some I get "more than 128 keygroups, this might cause problems".
Is there a way to split those with more than 128?

Or how would I use a Keygroup like that?
The sounds seem to be layered with more than one .wav over each other.

qwerter18 wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 2:01 pm Ok. I waited, but there is definitly nothing happening... BUT:
I tried a couple of other .nki files. And those work fine. (Seems like bad luck, that the first 2 I tried didn't work)

But with some I get "more than 128 keygroups, this might cause problems".
Is there a way to split those with more than 128?

Or how would I use a Keygroup like that?
The sounds seem to be layered with more than one .wav over each other.
Please send me the problematic ones. Would be interesting to check.

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”