FirComp: Free lookahead compressor for tracks or busses, looking for testers

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Fircomp 1 Fircomp 2

jonvaudio wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 10:50 am Working on new plugins, but nothing specific to announce yet :)
New plugins ? as in plural ? :hyper:

Michey wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 1:08 pm
jonvaudio wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 10:50 am Working on new plugins, but nothing specific to announce yet :)
Haha yes, but will only be released one at a time :D

That is excellent to hear! Really interested to see what you come up with next.
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

Used first time the free v1 to eat transients. Worked nicely, smoother sound. Not much more was needed. A high attack clavi kind of sound..
Soft Knees - Live 12, Diva, Omnisphere, Slate Digital VSX, TDR, Kush Audio, U-He, PA, Valhalla, Fuse, Pulsar, NI, OekSound etc. on Win11Pro R7950X & RME AiO Pro
https://www.youtube.com/@softknees/videos Music & Demoscene

jonvaudio wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 10:50 am
parnarules wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 10:46 pm @Jon: any new plugin in the works? Cannot wait to try your next marvel
Working on new plugins, but nothing specific to announce yet :)
A gate and/or expander type of tool with FirComp2 quality would be really appreciated on my side.
/* whitenoise */ /* abandon */ /* reincarnated */

A bit late to the party, but yeah, finally gotten around to demoing and buying Fircomp 2, it is a ridiculous plugin.

You can do downright ridiculous things with it one shouldn't do with a compressor to begin with, like 8dB reduction on a sustain sound without getting much obvious distortion, it's crazy. I had no idea you could make a compressor this clean.

I really hope Jon releases an EQ next, that would be an instabuy for me, keeping my fingers crossed.

And no copy protection, how cool is that?

Anyone fancy a free FL Studio theme for FirComp 2?

FirComp - Fruity Grey Theme (fix).gif

Best way to install is Options>Browse settings/presets/themes...& add the (unzipped) .xml file to the themes folder. After that, it should appear in the list of themes.

Fruity Grey.zip

Hope you like it. :scared:

Disclaimer: I haven't bought this plugin yet. I used my photo-editing savvy to hide the red DEMO box for this demonstration gif. I do plan on buying this excellent little compressor. Didn't want Jon to think I'd pirated it or sommat. :tu:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thank you!
AudioThing|Cableguys|Image-Line|Klanghelm|Tokyo Dawn Records|Tritik|Valhalla DSP
Dmitry Sches|Surge Synth Team|u-he

jonvaudio wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 1:18 pm
Michey wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 1:08 pm
Haha yes, but will only be released one at a time :D
Any time frame yet ? it's like, almost a year now...

Thanks

audiosabre wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 8:55 pm Anyone fancy a free FL Studio theme for FirComp 2?

FirComp - Fruity Grey Theme (fix).gif

Best way to install is Options>Browse settings/presets/themes...& add the (unzipped) .xml file to the themes folder. After that, it should appear in the list of themes.

Fruity Grey.zip

Hope you like it. :scared:

Disclaimer: I haven't bought this plugin yet. I used my photo-editing savvy to hide the red DEMO box for this demonstration gif. I do plan on buying this excellent little compressor. Didn't want Jon to think I'd pirated it or sommat. :tu:
Looks really nice, but now you have to edit it 20 times to match all of my new FL 21 themes... :hihi:

Is there a way to Gain the incoming Audio in Fircomp2.

threshold goes down to -60 and there's 30dB of makeup gain.
but no input gain that i know of.

slyd wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 6:00 am Is there a way to Gain the incoming Audio in Fircomp2.
Yeah, pretty easy. Just put the Airwindows' PurestGain plugin in front of it. :wink:
It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society. - Jiddu Krishnamurti

I was looking for a free lookahead compressor. I didn't find any, but I did find FirComp. And I bought it right after I threw a demo on a bass track and connected a sidechain. It works great as a limiter too. Thank you so much, Jon! I wonder why I've never heard of FirComp until now, because it's absolutely perfect. It deserves a lot more publicity.
I have a request, though. I think I'm not using the plugin to its full potential (and that I'm not the only one) because it lacks more detailed documentation. What does VCA Mode, Coupled Peak Mode, how does R Shape and PD Release work? Or an explanation of the differences under SC Options...
Thanks again!
Waveform 12 Pro, Cubase Pro 13, Windows 11, i7-13700H

Return to “Effects”