Arturia Xmas Gift Reverb PLATE-140

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Spitfire31 wrote: Sat Feb 01, 2020 12:11 pm Why don't you just write a nice request to Arturia support instead of whining here?
Good point indeed. Deleted ...

Just had to make some gated snare with a plate, checked Youtube for a good plate plugins,
and Arturia one came up few times.
Luckily I had this xmas gift (now $100), installed it, and damn... this thing delivers.
Few small tweaks and it is exactly what I needed.

roman.i wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:11 pm Just had to make some gated snare with a plate, checked Youtube for a good plate plugins,
and Arturia one came up few times.
Luckily I had this xmas gift (now $100), installed it, and damn... this thing delivers.
Few small tweaks and it is exactly what I needed.
It certainly is a good plate, I tend to try it before moving (if needed) to something else.

Arturia does very good fx. REV Intensity is good as well.

chk071 wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:18 pm Arturia does very good fx. REV Intensity is good as well.
Not a bad reverb. But can be slightly metallic on percussive stuff, like claps.

Igro wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 6:35 am
chk071 wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:18 pm Arturia does very good fx. REV Intensity is good as well.
Not a bad reverb. But can be slightly metallic on percussive stuff, like claps.
Most algorithmic reverbs can be, that's the downside of using IIR algorithms. Though it does keep the CPU count down.

FIR algorithmic based reverbs are much better quality, more organic, Waves H-Verb being a good example but it costs more in CPU cycles. Then there's convolution revels, they can also be expensive on the CPU as well and heavy on the RAM depending how deeply sampled it is.

As with all things, its all about the choices we make, If a reverb doesn't compliment your sound source, use another. If you're taking your CPU with too many FIR and convolution reverbs, replace a few of the with IIR reverbs, ones that compliment what you're trying to do.

Thanks. I didn't know about FIR and IIR.
Also, yeah, I have H-Reverb. It is a very clean one.

Return to “Effects”