Valhalla news...

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

ValhallaRoom Updated to 2.0.0. New Space & Lo Cut Controls!
https://valhalladsp.com/2023/11/20/valh ... -controls/

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 1:08 am
EvilDragon wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 12:44 am EDIT: Well, from the horse's mouth - https://gearspace.com/board/showpost.ph ... count=2226

So much about breaking backwards compatibility. :)
Here's that same horse, just a few months earlier:
SeanTheHorseCostello wrote: At this point, the expansion slots have been filled for ValhallaRoom. Any further expansions would break backwards compatibility. So it is safe to say that ValhallaRoom has been COMPLETED. I am content with ValhallaRoom, and am focusing on new products and new ideas.
https://gearspace.com/board/showpost.ph ... count=2212

I wouldn't trust this horse inside a hospital. Not with that track record.

No one knows what the horse is gonna do next. Least of all the horse. He's never been in a hospital before. He's as confused as you are. There are no experts!
Love the Horse in a hospital joke.

https://youtu.be/JhkZMxgPxXU?si=3oZI-itiJpSm7rGS
Bitwig Certified Trainer

Dostoyevsky wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 7:23 pm ValhallaRoom Updated to 2.0.0. New Space & Lo Cut Controls!
https://valhalladsp.com/2023/11/20/valh ... -controls/

Wonderfull...thank you Sean :tu: :tu: :tu:

That's the same guy that didn't respond to my plugin request. Then, some weeks later, when I followed up asking if he had considered it, I was told the non-response was his response. Uhh what?

Gotta love it when a developer gives a 12-year old plugin new life :tu:

Thanks Sean!
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7 | TR-8S | MPC One | TD-3 MO

IMG_7852.jpeg
cryophonik wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 9:06 pm Thanks Shaun!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Produces nice evolving tails... makes me think the idea should be developed as an independent plugin.
High pass is very welcome from a practical point of view when using the plugin as an insert.
Every day takes figuring out all over again how to f#ckin’ live.

This is awesome for sound design now. I can get the sort of retro, echoey reverb I like... probably going to set aside about four other delay and reverb plugins in favor of this one.

Wow, really love this! This gives Valhalla Room an entire new dimension, as you can apply space to all the existing algorithms.
Need to play with this more, but my first impression is very positive!

(And I really appreciate companies like Valhalla (or u-he), which don't abandon their old plugins but instead move them into the future)
Find my (music) related software projects here: github.com/Fannon

Is no one blown away by these new settings? There are some presets to get you started called Space. But anyway, maybe I'm just late to the party or dense or something but this is like ambient heaven to me.
<list your stupid gear here>

egbert101 wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2023 12:20 pm Is no one blown away by these new settings? There are some presets to get you started called Space. But anyway, maybe I'm just late to the party or dense or something but this is like ambient heaven to me.
I had some fun with it. It makes the reverb behaviour kinda like a smoke / vapour trail, or I suppose a firework. Problem is, once that door is open it's begging for more controls to do more organic stuff.
Every day takes figuring out all over again how to f#ckin’ live.

egbert101 wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2023 12:20 pm Is no one blown away by these new settings? There are some presets to get you started called Space. But anyway, maybe I'm just late to the party or dense or something but this is like ambient heaven to me.
No, you are not dense. It is really extremely well designed as always and a lot of fun to use :party:

egbert101 wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2023 12:20 pm Is no one blown away by these new settings?
I am, it's f**king awesome.

ValhallaDSP is quite a mixed bag for my taste. While I love their plug-ins and how they are evolving, support is mostly ignorant regarding bug reports and feature requests. Over a year ago I reported a problem with automation of their VST3 plug-ins in Cubase. They already knew about it, but haven't fixed it to this day, including this update of VRoom. A low cut for VRoom was a request of mine, years ago. Answer back then: Can't be done, because it would break backwards compatibility (while other developers added features to their products without any problems).

ThomasN wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2023 2:15 pm A low cut for VRoom was a request of mine, years ago. Answer back then: Can't be done, because it would break backwards compatibility (while other developers added features to their products without any problems).
Sean addressed this somewhere, I specifically read a thing where he said he used to think that adding new parameters would break compatibility, when it turns out that most DAWs don't have a problem with it as long as the new parameters are at the end of the list.

Return to “Effects”