MuLab 9...Where's The Outpouring Of Love?

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

GenZ troll. I am the centre of my universe, nothing else exists and if anything else does exist out there that sees it differently to me, close up & cancel it. My way is the only way. Not worth arguing with, really. I find it sad more than anything. The walls in their bubbles are getting thicker and the real world is fading away...there's a Pink Floyd song that fits perfectly....

...of course I could be wrong, and should simply be in awe of the new musical genius who obvs knows how to do it better than say....err professionals who actually do it for a living. :clap:

Can’t say that I’ve ever even looked at MuLab. Just out of curiosity, what sets it apart from other DAWs?
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7 | TR-8S | MPC One | TD-3 MO

Geniuses use it. :hihi:

kritikon wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 3:57 am Geniuses use it. :hihi:
No, I don’t

:hihi:
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7 | TR-8S | MPC One | TD-3 MO

Saffran wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 3:12 am I await an official release of Mulab 9.
Any problems I've had with Mulab 9 so far have been down to my iwn stupidity. It's pretty solid at this point.

For my other needs, I have Logic, but I really dislike using it. The only thing I can think if that I'd need it for is FlexPitch to massage a vocal. Aside from some effects where I orefer the ones from KiloHearts/Tokyo Dawn, there's nothing else missing from Mulab.(Ok, I may have to get a Valhalla reverb, but that's a total need, not a want. :lol: )
I started on Logic 5 with a PowerBook G4 550Mhz. I now have a MacBook Air M1 and it's ~165x faster! So, why is my music not proportionally better? :(

cryophonik wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 4:06 am
kritikon wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 3:57 am Geniuses use it. :hihi:
No, I don’t

:hihi:
Obviously! :hihi:
MuLab of course :D

cryophonik wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 3:56 am Can’t say that I’ve ever even looked at MuLab. Just out of curiosity, what sets it apart from other DAWs?
The out of the box creative vibe.
It's like with guitars, they all have their own vibe and one guitar resonates with certain persons, another guitar resonates with other persons.
Best to check out the MuLab 9 demo to feel how it resonates with you.

I really liked it last time i tried it. The only thing that i was missing: No sound when moving notes up and down in the piano roll. This is a feature cubase/reaper has and i like it to preview melodies.

mutools wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 10:30 amThe out of the box creative vibe.
The vibe 'out of the box' is key to my workflow -- to focus more on my musical idea, and less on the software (e.g. watching videos, reading manuals, trials and errors) :ud:

MuLab helps me stay focused. I can drop in a sample and immediately edit, pitch, slice, or stream, and changes are available everywhere :o

I can quickly draw the layers and flows of sounds using the different views :phones:

I stay connected to my creativity 8)
F E E D
Y O U R
F L O W

It's not for me. There's plenty of reasons why Ableton Live and FL Studio get the praise, while this is almost non existent. But if you personally enjoy it, good for you, that's all that matters :tu:
Last edited by Yorrrrrr on Mon Nov 07, 2022 5:21 pm, edited 3 times in total.

There’s as many reasons why I don’t praise Live and FL at all… Mulab is tempting as VST in Bitwig. Beside being another modular, its also a sequencer within…
I wonder if we get a BF sale… For sure I would jump on it…

^^^ it's a lifesaver in Cubase which hasn't got a similar container device
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aMMN8m7OVp8
although still takes 40sec to route an xferLFO :D dunno how it would be faster, but the front-end builder is brilliant (I'm using an Apple M1 Pro with macOS Ventura and so far so good :tu: )
"Where we're workarounding, we don't NEED features." - powermat

cryophonik wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 3:56 am Can’t say that I’ve ever even looked at MuLab. Just out of curiosity, what sets it apart from other DAWs?
Probably the fact that it is completely modular. You can route just about anything to anything. I just have some issues with the user interface. Jo has his own way of doing things and it's occasionally brilliant, occasionally frustrating (to me).
mulab modular .jpg
All that said, everyone should take a look at it. There are some great ideas and features there. There's a demo.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mulab is a really killer piece of software. I use or have used every DAW out there and while I primarily work with a Cubase/Reason combo, Mulab has always intrigued me for its nice clean interface and lack of clutter. It take very little time to get the hang of how things work and it just feels "fast". Version 9 looks nice
Windows 10 PC. Reason. Cubase. Waveform. Reaper. Studio One Pro. Epiphone Les Paul Pro II. Nektar Panorama t4. Yamaha RBX Bass. Faderport 2. Eris E5 Monitors. SSL2 Interface. Audient Evo 4. AKG C214. Aston Origin. MXL 990.

putting here too, extended multi-synth rack
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XHlbfnmaiXM
3 parallel layers with 2 sends (and some fixing :) ) and 5 prewired xferLFO
this is the only usable (even if it supports VST2 only without BC Patchwork in it) plugin wrapper on the market so :clap: hope it can save some time to somebody (let's make Cubase great again :D )

@dear dev would be nice if the windows would be pinned and able to remain at the top like in Cubase: Preferences/VST/Plug-ins check “Plug-in editors “Always on Top”
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Where we're workarounding, we don't NEED features." - powermat

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”