The new Microkorg.

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

The NTS KAOSS looks very cool though. Just imagine to load some Sinevibes effects on it and blend them together :love:
ANALOG DEEP HOUSE 2 for U-HE DIVA
HARDWARE SAMPLER FANATIC - Akai S1100/S950/Z8 - Casio FZ20m - Emu Emax I - Ensoniq ASR10/EPS

D-Fusion wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 4:59 pm What do you think will sell the most there? The Rack units, The horrible built 3 octave version or the Extremely overpriced SE Versions or the Native vst versions?
Pretty common good-better-best marketing. I imagine they’ll release a full-sized KingKorg Neo as their “best” tier if this one does well.

Regarding these models, if they sound great, there will tons of people happy to pay an extra $400 to get hands-on control, and tons of people happy to pay half the price for a compact, easy access version.

Some more insane release ideas from Korg:

1) Korg M1 Neo.
2) Korg Wavestation Neo.
3) Korg 01/W Neo.
<list your stupid gear here>

Uncle E wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 6:01 pm
D-Fusion wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 4:59 pm What do you think will sell the most there? The Rack units, The horrible built 3 octave version or the Extremely overpriced SE Versions or the Native vst versions?
Pretty common good-better-best marketing. I imagine they’ll release a full-sized KingKorg Neo as their “best” tier if this one does well.

Regarding these models, if they sound great, there will tons of people happy to pay an extra $400 to get hands-on control, and tons of people happy to pay half the price for a compact, easy access version.
Yep. They done some Sneaky and Smart marketing this time :)

Here we see the perfect illustration of my point -release the keyboard version first. Once sales have tailed off for that., release the VST version and once that market has tapped out, come out with the modules. That way there is a good chance some people will buy all three but no-one is going to buy both a microKORG 2 and a KingKORG Neo if they use the same engine.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

D-Fusion wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 7:56 pm

What is sneaky about it? It's a perfectly normal way of selling music synth stuff. TBH I can't think of any other synth manufacturers who don't also release various versions of the same thing. You buy whichever suits your own purposes for your own budget. Or would you rather they only sell one version...the really expensive one?

Toyota-Lexus, Nissan-Infiniti, Death Star-Starkiller, etc.

The desktop versions look very attractive to people who have been hoarding synths and are running out of space. If you aren't big into live performance all you need is one good controller and then you can rack and stack the rest.

kritikon wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 1:23 am
D-Fusion wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 7:56 pm

What is sneaky about it? It's a perfectly normal way of selling music synth stuff. TBH I can't think of any other synth manufacturers who don't also release various versions of the same thing. You buy whichever suits your own purposes for your own budget. Or would you rather they only sell one version...the really expensive one?
Calm down and read again ;)
I wrote Sneaky and Smart Marketing which for me means that they have offered A Option for everyone so many will buy something from that line and i guess the Modules will be very popular.

Who said it had 8 voices? Is that confirmed?
ANALOG DEEP HOUSE 2 for U-HE DIVA
HARDWARE SAMPLER FANATIC - Akai S1100/S950/Z8 - Casio FZ20m - Emu Emax I - Ensoniq ASR10/EPS

DrGonzo wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 8:32 am Who said it had 8 voices? Is that confirmed?
Yes it has 8 voices :)
8 Voices in Single mode and 4 in Dual mode.

https://www.korg.com/us/products/synthe ... ations.php

8 whole voices! OMG so many for a digital synth.
<list your stupid gear here>

egbert101 wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 10:33 am 8 whole voices! OMG so many for a digital synth.
I know it is really amazing and i wonder how they managed to do that :hihi:

My OG Microkorg VST Native has 64 Voices so i guess that means 2X32 in Layer mode which gives you 32 Voices + 4 Oscillators in Layer mode and it is still for sale for $99 ;)

So i have saved quite a bit of money and don't have to worry about Polyphony if the New Microkorg is based on the same engine with a 3rd oscillator added.

But i am still curious and look forward to the full reveal at Namm and if it is a new engine with some extra cool options added and it sounds good and different enough from the OG or the other stuff i have i will probably end up buying one.

How many notes you playing on that little keyboard?

Uncle E wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 6:07 pm How many notes you playing on that little keyboard?

All of them :party:

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”