Cableguys FilterShaper XL UPDATE + Intro Offer ENDS SOON

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
FilterShaper XL

Free Update... it's christmas!? <3

dubguy99 wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2023 11:08 am
LenR_here wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2023 7:42 am Filters sound pretty good from the video. How do the filters sound compare to The Drop by Cytomic? I'm going to demo them a little later when I have more time, but I'm curious what people who own both think. Filtershaper XL should have better modulation being a Cableguys plugin.
Different sounds, I wouldn't say one is better than the other. I prefer the filter drive options here though.

And, most importantly, Filtershaper has bandpass and notch options for each of the filters, making this way more capable in terms of complex filtering.
Volcano 3 is more comparable than The Drop.

Thank you Cableguys for the free update!

Cableguys newsletter: "Way back in 2014 – before ShaperBox even existed – we released FilterShaper 3 ..."

Time passes by so quickly ...

However, it screams beautifully. I've put it after an already knocking Phosycon 2 patch which sounded perfect to me, with its filter and distortion applied to become a truly nasty and dirty acid sound.

What to say? FilterShaper XL breathes another additional level of life and excitement into it. You know, I'm a declared lover of both Cytomic's Drop (SW) and Sherman Filterbank (HW), but this tool is on par while performing in its own language. :phones:

Well done, Cableguys, extraordinarily well done. :clap:

I would love to see Midishaper updated.... :tu:

So far I’m finding this easier for basic and modest filter action than Volcano3. This might sound better, too.

I suspect that Volcano 3 would be easier for very complex things, but I never go that deep. In other words, this may replace Volcano3 for me. Time will tell.

Isn’t this the same filter that’s in Shaperbox?

simmo75 wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2023 2:57 pm Isn’t this the same filter that’s in Shaperbox?
ShaperBox’s FilterShaper Core and the new FilterShaper XL plugin use the same filter algorithm, but only FilterShaper XL features adjustable Resonance Drive and the ability to achieve self oscillation (with its ‘Warm’ filter types). Does that answer your question?

That’s a very generous free update! Thanks guys! :wheee:
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7 | TR-8S | MPC One | TD-3 MO

Lee / Cableguys wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2023 3:09 pm
simmo75 wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2023 2:57 pm Isn’t this the same filter that’s in Shaperbox?
ShaperBox’s FilterShaper Core and the new FilterShaper XL plugin use the same filter algorithm, but only FilterShaper XL features adjustable Resonance Drive and the ability to achieve self oscillation (with its ‘Warm’ filter types). Does that answer your question?
That does indeed!
Thanks, I’ll give it a test drive.

Nice to hear that it sounds great !

My stupid trigger finger could not resist.
Price seemed fair, so.........

Really liking this so far, its nice that you can do your side chain volume ducking in this as well. One minor bug i found, the side chaining duck line breaks when you have a time slower than 1/4 (1/2, 1/1, etc). Pick attached of the line that no longer works.
Screen Shot 2023-09-07 at 8.56.09 AM.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Superb, generous update :tu:
Rekkerd.org the latest news on audio plugins, sample libraries & virtual instruments, synth presets & more.
Don't click here if you can't control yourself!

great update and lovely to find it free in my account, cheers Cableguys :tu:

I really like this effect, but there is one rather strange problem: no one shot. I would like to use the effect as a filter, but not as an LFO filter? In other words, using the brilliant envelopes as an actual envelope and not as an infinitely looping LFO. Is it possible? Could a one-shot mode transform this effect?
<list your stupid gear here>

Return to “Effects”