Some issues with SynthMaster One and 2

Official support for: kv331audio.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I've recently had to reinstall the synths as my main drive died.

When trying to install the expansions/presets, I see the downloads occur, but when it comes to installing them, it seems hit-n-miss. With SynthMaster 2 for example, after the downloads stop, it starts to install them. I then had a popup error message (Invalid Session ID) pop up 30 times before finally receiving a message that 8 of 38 expansions were installed.

The same thing happened with SynthMaster One. When I try to restore the expansions again, it would download the remaining expansions, again, and then I would get between 1 to 3 installed. I did this numerous times until all but 1 expansion has installed. That last one just will not install. I've reached out to the developers, who have tried clearing the old sessions, but I'm curious if anyone else has experienced this and found a 'fix'.

With SynthMaster 2, I decided to look at the different skins available. I switched to the first one listed (blue iOS), but I'm stuck on that now. When I choose a different skin, nothing changes. In fact when I choose a new skin and close the setting window, I can't click anything on the UI (no buttons, dials, keys, etc.. work). I can only get the UI to react once I resize by dragging out the window, but I'm still stuck with the blue iOS skin.

EDIT - I've since closed down SynthMaster 2 and reloaded it. I now have access to the UI after exiting the skin window (no need to resize the window), although the skin still doesn't change.

EDIT2 - The skin is now changing when selecting a new skin, but I have to close SynthMaster 2. I was switching between different skins and the behaviours are different each time. Sometimes it changes right away, other times after restarting the VST. Resizing has now 'broken' it though, as all I get is a white UI. The keyboard is there, as when pressing on the bottom of the screen, I hear sounds, but I can't see anything except white. I unloaded SynthMaster 2 and loaded SynthMaster One and that just loads white now as well. This really is odd.

I went to restart my DAW (Ableton Live 11) and the popup message for "Do you want to save?" was blank as well. So perhaps it was a DAW issue with the UI going white?

Return to “KV331 Audio”