How common is it to rely on sound-goodizers on master?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

cdbaksu wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 2:09 pm I use Softube's Drawmer S73 and don't know what I've been doing with my life before I got it.
You should try the hardware some time. The hands-on control of all the bands makes it really easy to dial in.

soundmodel wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 10:59 am How common is it to rely on sound-goodizers on master?

I don't know, but I've noticed that these sort of plug-ins at least sometimes make getting a clearer master very easy. But they won't obviously polish bad mixes. But they seem like they can do a world difference vs manual EQ or comp on the master sometimes.
Yes yes, that depends on how GOOD your gooderizer really is. If you have one like this:
gooderizer_26_opt.gif
then you can adjust the improvements precisely and subtly. :hyper:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
free mp3s + info: andy-enroe.de songs + weird stuff: enroe.de

camsr wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:16 am
Ancientbehemoth wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:13 am
+1 for all pass filter(s). It is kind of a secret sauce. Can give analog style dimensionality and depth to a master. Who would have thought flipping the phase around arbitrary frequency can be magical.
It's a secret to everybody so don't say anything. Shhh
Maybe, or maybe a secret waste of time :lol:
explain!

I think harmonic exciters and such is a good thing to add in the master chain but a plugin that says “we’ll make your master sound bigger!” always makes me skeptical it is actually helping. It’s usually doing the opposite.

When it comes to sound, as long as you love the results, there are NO rules. If you can use a simple plugin or hardware process that does it all for you very quickly and effortlessly then that is just a huge bonus! Nothing to be ashamed of.
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

Ancientbehemoth wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 1:28 pm
+1 for all pass filter(s). It is kind of a secret sauce. Can give analog style dimensionality and depth to a master. Who would have thought flipping the phase around arbitrary frequency can be magical.
explain!
Some 1 allpass and the phase plus 1 2 3 and I did not but you are lol.

camsr wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 10:30 am
explain!
huh?

Ploki wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 10:37 am
explain!
huh?
Does putting extraneous toppings on my hamburger make it so heavy that it can not make a sound?

camsr wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 10:41 am

Does putting extraneous toppings on my hamburger make it so heavy that it can not make a sound?
bruh its just a filter

explain!
i think you need to call your mom to pick you up

bmanic wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 7:17 pm When it comes to sound, as long as you love the results, there are NO rules. If you can use a simple plugin or hardware process that does it all for you very quickly and effortlessly then that is just a huge bonus! Nothing to be ashamed of.
there are rules though. things you need to be aware of. but if it sounds good then its good. sadly you cant trust peoples ears these days of the youtube generation. they see a "tip" and they follow blindly. and it might sound whack asf, but to them its like " but such and such told me to do this " meanwhile it sounds like ass. most people dont even realise a highpass filter changes phase in a way that COULD be detrimental to a bassline. Or that they need to phasealign a kickdrum to the bassline, for them to not sound like a piece of plastic. so while i agree with your mentality, if everyone knew the rules, everything would sound great.

Ploki wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 10:37 am
explain!
huh?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Effects”